sexta-feira, 9 de agosto de 2013

So Many cul de sacs!

my books, but there are still more!
 
 
This time I could tidy up my books in a nice, orderly way. those ones with page markers are the lot that I´m trying to finish at the moment. I´ve just finished "the Road" by Vassily Grossman, its still among this pile but its done.
 
 
 

I´ve just finished " the Europeans" by Henry James as well, now I´m currently reading    " The "Revolutionary Road" by Richard Yates witch is in the other pile of books here in my tony flat.


queria que minha casa fosse assim!

I´ve got this book by Colin Murray Parkers, the title call my attention; Bereavement, Studies of grief in adult life, its mostly about studies that examined the emotion of widows over twelve years of reaserch, sadness and melancholia its an matter that always interests me a lot,
 this is from the page75. beautiful;

" I think I am beginning to understand my grief feels like suspense. it comes from the frustration of so many impulses  that had become habitual. thought after thought, feeling after feeling, action after action, had H ( his wife) for their object. now their target is gone. I keep on, thought  habit, fitting an arrow to the string; then I remember and I have to lay the bow down. so many roads leads though to H. I set out on one of them. but now there´s an impassable frontier post across it. so many roads once, now so many culs de sacs."


so many culs de sacs!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário